Yum! This lemongrass, beef, broccolini and macadamia stir fry is sure to get your kids wanting more!
Australia is the birthplace of macadamias and the story of The World’s Finest Nut began thousands of years ago. Today, they are grown in the same rich, fertile soils and have the natural advantage of being grown in their country of origin.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, thinly sliced (bottom third only)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 4cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1tsp Chinese five spice
- 4 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into thirds
- 1 cup unsalted macadamias, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- jasmine rice, to serve
- Combine the beef, lemongrass, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and five-spice in a large bowl.
- Heat 1⁄4 of the macadamia oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add 1⁄4 of the beef mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the beef is browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining beef mixture and oil, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the sesame oil in the wok. Add the beef mixture, oyster sauce, chicken stock and broccolini and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove wok from heat. Add the macadamias and half the basil and toss to combine.
- Spoon stir-fry among serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve immediately with steamed rice.
This recipe is courtesy of The Australian Macadamia Society.