This is a very healthy breakfast with full of nutrition. We generally have it on Sundays as breakfast or in our brunch menu. It's super easy and super healthy.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 14 )
- 500 gms Yellow split peas (dry)
- 1/4 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Onions
- 1 teaspoon Salt (add as per individual preference)
- 1 cup Canola or Any vegetable oil
- Wash and soak the lentils overnight or atleast for 5 - 6 hours
- In a blender add the soaked lentils (in small quantities) and add salt and blend it into a fine thick batter. Add water to make it into a pancake batter consistency.
- Add onions and tomatoes in the batter
- On a hot crepe pan add 1 - 2 teaspoon oil and spread it evenly.
- Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the pan. Spread it like a pancake.
- Cook each side of the batter for 1 mins on medium flame.
- You can serve this pancake hot with yogurt as accompaniment.