- Makes 1
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Current nutrition trends tell us that the best breakfast we can give ourselves includes a serve PROTEIN + a serve of GOOD FAT + a serve of SMART CARBS. If this all sounds like hard work, it’s not. And these Little Breaky Egg Bowls are a great start.
These Little Breaky Egg Bowls are perfect if you are in a hurry and trying very hard to eat a nourishing breakfast rather than grabbing the kids leftovers or a coffee and banana bread. Literally 5 minutes and you’re done.
Ingredients (makes 1 Little Breaky Bowl)
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Brown Lentils, drained
- 1/4 Avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 wedge Lemon
- 1 tsp Butter or Olive Oil
- Lightly beat together the eggs and the sour cream and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- If you like to scramble your eggs in a pan, add a little olive oil and/or butter to a non stick pan on a moderate heat and add the eggs. Try not to move the eggs around too much or the egg and liquid will separate. Cook until 'just cooked' - that way the egg will stay silky smooth. If you prefer to pop the eggs in the microwave, run a little butter or olive oil around the inside of your little bowl, add the eggs and then cook on high for 15 - 20 seconds. Stir and then cook for a further 10 - 15 seconds if required (remember don't cook the eggs for too long as they will go rubbery)
- Once your egg are cooked, add the lentils, avocado, cherry tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste and if you feel like a little heat to get your metabolism up and running for the day, add some chilli flakes or a dusting of cayenne pepper.
If you're not a fan of lentils, you could switch this out for another 'smart carb'. Try a few pieces of baked sweet potato (perhaps left over from a roast dinner), some Mexican Black Beans, a tablespoon of cooked Quinoa, a tablespoon of Brown Rice or at a stretch, a small piece of toasted good quality sourdough bread.
Recipe Little Breaky Egg Bowls
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.