- Serves 20
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Here’s a super easy, low sugar, nutritionally dense old time favourite that will keep your energy high and your blood sugar low from Michele Chevalley’s new revolutionary lifestyle program, Low Sugar Lifestyle.
These treats are so nice but they do tasty naughty! That’s the thing at www.myfamilywellness.com.au we know if our recipes and our programs don’t taste great then it is impossible to create the low sugar lifestyle change that your family needs for balanced moods, increased energy and brain clarity.
These low sugar, healthy rice crispy treats are; gluten free, high protein, low sugar, dairy free and vegetarian!
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 3 cups Puffed brown rice
- 2 tsp Ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Chia seed
- 1/3 cup Nut Butter (any kind - almond, sunflower seed, hazelnut and cocao)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Dates
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Cashews
- Oil a brownie tin (9 x 13) with coconut oil.
- Place rice, cashews, dates and ground flaxseed in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add rice syrup, seed butter and vanilla to a medium sized saucepan and heat over medium heat and stir often.
- Stir over medium heat for about 4 minutes- do not burn.
- Pour rice syrup over puffed rice and stir to coat.
- 6. Drop mixture into a pan and press down evenly with a spatula.
- 7. Place in refrigerator for an hour before cutting into squares.
- If desired add cinnamon, chai spice and/or cocoa.
Cook once, Eat twice: Store in your refrigerator in a well sealed, glass tupperware for optimum freshness. A couple of batches will last you for lunchbox snacks all week.