A spectacular festive dessert doesn’t have to take you hours. The best thing about this recipe is it’s all in the pudding, and that’s done for you.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 IGA Luxury Irish Pudding
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ripe but firm peaches, sliced in half + pits removed
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- Heavily press the cut side of the peaches into the combined salt and sugar and bring the olive oil and the butter to heat in a heavy based pan. Place the peaches flesh side down into the butter and leave them for about 8 minutes to really caramelise and turn a dark golden colour. Sprinkle in a little more of the sugar and turn the peaches over cooking them for another 5 minutes. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Pour the sugar and water into the same pan and bring to a rapid simmer over medium heat swirling the mixture until the sugar dissolves. Without stirring, lower the heat and let the mix simmer until the colour changes to a golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Turn off heat and slowly stir in the cream until it combines, add in a pinch of salt and set aside until needed.
- Heat the pudding as recommended on the pack, slice and serve with a peach half and some of the warmed caramel sauce.