This is a healthy twist on a good old-fashioned family favourite recipe. It’s loaded with veggies as well, so is perfect for fussy eaters.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- MEAT SAUCE
- 600g very lean beef mince
- ¾ cup carrot grated
- ¾ cup zucchini grated
- 1 small onion finely diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 x 420g can salt-reduced (condensed) tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced beef stock powder
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 cups cooked macaroni noodles
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Flora Light® margarine
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1½ cups skim milk
- ¾ cup (75g) 30% reduced-fat tasty cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Meat sauce: Cook mince in a large non-stick saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray. Drain liquid then return mince to pot.
- Add in carrots, zucchini, onion, peas and soup, cook 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add stock powder and tomato paste; cook a further 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Fold in cooked macaroni noodles and mix together well. Pour mixture into a lasagne dish.
- Topping: Melt margarine in saucepan, add flour, cook 1 minute. Slowly add milk using a whisk to avoid lumps, stir continuously until boiling.
- Pour sauce over the meat, sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
For a lower fat count omit topping. This recipe is suitable to be frozen.