- Serves 10
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Mango paletas are scrumptious Mexican ice pops that are really easy to make. Perfect for a refreshing and healthy treat as the weather gets warmer.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 3 large Mangoes
- 1 t dried chilli flakes, optional
- 5 limes, juiced
- 1/2 Cup sweetened condensed milk
- Cut the cheeks from 1 mango. Carefully scoop out the flesh. Dice. Place into a bowl. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes if using. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Peel and chop the flesh from the remaining mangoes. Place into a blender or processor with ½ cup lime juice and sweetened condensed milk. Blend or process until smooth.
- Spoon the mango lime mixture and diced chilli mango alternately among 10 popsicle moulds. Insert paddle pop stick and freeze overnight.
- Variation: Mango &amp; coconut Paletas You can replace the lime juice with 1/2 cup coconut cream Mango &amp; thyme Paletas You can replace the chilli with 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves Child friendly Mangoade Paletas: omit the chilli and replace the lime with orange juice.