- Serves 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
Try this Mango Salad with Prawn and Fennel this Summer! There’s nothing nicer than a Mango Salad – fresh, juicy Australian Mangoes served with ingredients that match perfectly.
Who doesn’t love a Mango?
We think Aussie Mangoes mean summer, the feeling of sunshine and the spray from the garden hose on your skin, kids laughing, the smell of barbeques, long light evenings serenaded by kookaburras and cicadas. The first bite of a mango that sends it’s sweet, sticky juice running down your face. Mmmmm!
We all know that Mango Salad with Prawns has been around for years but we’re loving the fresh and crunchy additions of fennel and the baby radishes in this recipe. A modern twist on an old favourite.
If you’re planning your Summer Entertaining Menus, now’s the time to add in a Mango Salad or Two.
There are so many beautiful types of Australian Mangoes – we’re always spoilt for choice. For any Mango Salad, we’d recommend a nice firm flesh Mango – like the Calypso Mango or the Kensington Pride Mango.
Wondering whether a Mango is ripe enough for your Mango Salad? Here’s a few tips from Australian Mangoes:
- Don’t focus on colour. It is not the best indicator of ripeness.
- Squeeze the mango gently. A ripe mango will give slightly.
- Use your experience with produce such as peaches or avocados, which also become softer as they ripen.
- Ripe mangoes will sometimes have a fruity aroma at their stem ends.
- The pink blush and red colour that appears on some varieties is not an indicator of ripeness.
- Always judge by feel.
If you’re a fan of mangoes, here’s a few more recipes you might like to try:
- Mango Cake (the perfect dessert after your Mango Salad with Prawn and Fennel)
- Mango Chutney (super yummy with Summer Ham)
- Roasted Chicken and Mango Salad with a Zesty Pomegranate Viniagrette
- Summer Mango, Avocado and Orange Salad
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 Mangoes
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Medium fennel bulbs, trimmed
- 200ml Crème Fraîche
- 1/4 Cup Mint leaves, shredded
- 100g Baby rocket
- 4 Green shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Bunch radish, washed, thinly sliced
- 1kg Cooked medium prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio kernels, toasted, chopped
- To Serve Extra virgin olive oil
- To Serve Lemon wedges
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the fennel into a large bowl. Pour over the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Combine the crème fraiche and mint, season. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the cheeks from the mango. Carefully scoop out the flesh. Thinly slice. Drain the fennel.
- Combine the rocket, shallots, fennel, cucumber, radish, prawns and mango in a large bowl. Sprinkle with pistachio and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with mint crème fraiche and lemon wedges.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.