- Serves 8
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Mars Bar Mud Cake is bound to be a crowd pleaser!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 200g good quality Dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 1 Mars Bar, chopped up
- 200g Butter, cubed
- 50ml Coffee
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees no fan. Line the base & sides of a 20cm springform tin with non stick baking paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the chocolate, butter & coffee. Place in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Whisk until until smooth.
- Add the cocoa to the warm mixture & whisk. Add the sugar & vanilla, stir, then add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each to combine.
- Fold through the flour gently to combine then place half the batter in the springform pan. Add the chopped Mars bar pieces then top with the rest of the batter. Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes.
You can leave out the Mars bar or substitute with plain dark or milk chocolate.