This Mexican Baked Chicken, proudly brought to you by Ingham’s Chicken, will spice up any occasion – family dinner or a crowd!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 x 1.5kg Ingham's Whole Fresh Chicken
- 3 - 4 Limes
- 2 Red Onions
- 3 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers (or Green Capsicum)
- 3 Fresh Red Chilli Peppers (or Red Capsicum)
- 6 Corn Cobbettes
- 2 Carrots, thickly sliced
- 400g Tin Red Kidney Beans or Black Beans
- 1 tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Good Quality Butter
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- Dry the chicken with paper towel, rub with 1 tbsp butter, a little olive oil, salt and sprinkle with Mexican Seasoning.
- Place into a hot oven for 30 – 40 minutes (180 degrees fan forced).
- Blacken corn cobettes in a hot frypan with 1 tbsp butter and a drizzle of olive oil then set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven and place the corn cobettes, carrots, chillis and lime segments around the chicken. Place back into the oven and reduce heat to 170 degrees fan forced.
- Cook for a further 40 – 60 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- When the chicken juices run clear, remove from oven and set the chicken onto a serving platter.
- Stir the red kidney beans through the roast vegetable mixture and squeeze through the juice of a lime.
- Place the vegetables and beans around the chicken to serve and sprinkle with fresh coriander and a little more Mexican seasoning.
- Serve with corn chips, Mexican wraps and sour cream.