- Makes 24
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
These Mexican Mash Meatballs are a complete ‘meal in a meatball’ and so delicious.
Add as many vegetables as you like or delete a few depending on your tastes. A perfect start in the kitchen if you’re getting the kids to learn to cook.
We cooked this on MOM COOK CLUB LIVE! Watch the video here:
Ingredients (makes 24 meatballs)
- 1kg Mince (Pork and Veal, Beef or Chicken)
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 sachet Burrito Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 - 2 cups Mashed Potato (a really stiff mashed potato is best)
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180C (170C for fan forced)
- Combine all ingredients except the mashed potato and cheese and mix well.
- Spray 2 non-stick muffin trays with olive oil.
- Form the meatball mixture into meatballs about the size of a small handball and place into a muffin tray cup (this mixture should make 24 nicely).
- Place a teaspoon of mashed potato on top of each meatball (if you have a large piping bag you could pipe the potato on top of the meatballs).
- Top each meatball with a pinch of cheese.
- Cook for approx 20 minutes - rotating the trays halfway through cooking.
- Once the meatballs are cooked through, allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with a few corn chips, sour cream, salsa, avocado, a little salsa and add jalapenos or chilli if you like a little more spice.
These Mexican Mash Meatballs are a complete 'meal in a meatball' and so delicious.