A delicious and authentic Mexican taco recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 12 Corn Tortillas (or flour tortillas, if you can't find corn tortillas)
- 2 Avocados
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 red onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1-2 limes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch paprika, salt and cumin for chicken marinade
- 1 red chilli
- 1 shredded lettuce
- Bathe chicken breasts in a bowl of olive oil, lime, garlic, smoked paprika, fresh chilli, salt and cumin and allow to marinate for two hours.
- Mash avocado with a fork in a bowl, then chop up tomato, red onion and coriander, and add them to the same bowl and combine to create Guacamole for tortillas.
- Finely chop tomato, and combine with lime juice, chilli, salt and red onion to create pico de gallo (salsa fresca).
- Grill or bake chicken until cooked.
- Heat tacos on a fry pan for 20-30 seconds, then remove to serve.
- Add chicken, guacamole, pica de gallo, shredded lettuce and your chosen sauces/toppings (a sprinkle of fetta on top is also delicious!) to the tacos to serve.