- Makes 26
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Mini Doughnuts are always so much fun and such a wonderful treat!
If you’re always wracking your brain trying to come up with fun snacks that aren’t too sugary or loaded with fat, you might just like this recipe for Mini Doughnuts.
These Mini Doughnuts were so much fun to make with my Son’s new Doughnut Maker he got for his birthday.
They’re easy, quick, cost effective and you know exactly what ingredients are in them. Grab everything you need for your Mini Doughnuts in your Woolies Shop – do it online and then Click & Collect. Lots of fun for everyone and it’s also nice that they are not deep fried.
What toppings would you add to your Mini Doughnuts? Or would you just go for Cinnamon and Sugar?
Ingredients (makes 26 )
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain flour
- 1/2 Cup Caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 125 grams Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- In a large bowl, stir flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt to combine.
- Add butter, egg and milk and beat with an electric beater until mixture is thick, smooth and creamy.
- Pre-heat your donut maker for 4-5 minutes. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the mixture evenly into each mould (or doughnut oven tray see notes).
- Cook for 2 minutes or until doughnuts are golden brown and soft to touch. Carefully remove the hot doughnuts from the doughnut maker and place onto a wire cooling rack.
For classic Mini Doughnuts, brush doughnuts with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. To make a glaze icing combine 1 cup icing sugar, 1 teaspoon butter, softened, vanilla and 1 tablespoon hot water. Mix until smooth. To make a chocolate glaze icing, add 2 teaspoons for cocoa powder to the plain glaze. Makes about 24 doughnuts. If you don't have an electric doughnut maker feel free to use a doughnut tray and bake at 180C approximately 15 minutes.Everyone in your house doughnut fans? You might also like to try these recipes: