- Makes 24
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
Always a winner at parties or family gatherings these delicious Mini Quiches are the perfect finger food, no plate required. As this is a much lower fat option than traditional versions you can enjoy them guilt-free.
Ingredients (makes 24 )
- 1¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Flora Light® margarine melted
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup (110g) bacon short cuts diced
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- ½ cup 25% reduced fat grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- To make pastry: In a large mixing bowl sift both flours. Combine milk and egg white, beat with a fork. Add melted margarine, then add milk mixture to flour and fold together. Leave to one side.
- To make filling: Coat a small non-stick frypan with cooking spray, fry bacon until browned. Leave to one side. In a medium sized mixing bowl beat eggs and whites for 1 minute using an electric beater. Add milk and beat until blended. Add parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, grated cheese and cooked bacon.
- To prepare quiches: On a well floured surface roll out pastry until fairly thin. Using an 8cm scone cutter cut 24 circles. Coat a 12 holed muffin tin with cooking spray and place 12 pastry bases into holes. Pour egg mixture to reach nearly the top of pastry.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until egg mixture is firm in centre. Repeat with other 12 pastry bases and filling. Serve hot or cold.
For a vegetarian option omit the bacon.