These Mozzarella Sticks With Ranch Dressing are a perfect snack for the whole family (including the kids) to enjoy.
Easy to make and very tasty too, the mozzarella sticks are crumbed on the outside with melted mozzarella cheese on the inside. To add extra flavour, the mozzarella sticks are paired with Paul Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing.
Paul Newman’s Own makes great tasting products using high quality ingredients. Sporting new look packaging, Paul Newman’s Own products are manufactured in Australia, and 2023 marks the 40th anniversary of the product being sold in Australia.
What we love about Paul Newman’s Own is that they make Radically Good Food and Do Radically Good by giving away 100% of their Profits.
The Newman’s Own Foundation nourishes and transforms the lives of children who face adversity, with 100% of Profits used to Help Kids. This year they are helping Aussie kids who face serious illness experience the fun and freedom of camp.
- 1 large mozzarella ball, approximately 450g
- ¾ cup plain flour
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 litre canola oil
- Paul Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing
- Slice the mozzarella ball into fingers about 1cm thick.
- Find a large baking tray that will fit in the freezer, and line with non-stick paper.
- Set up a crumbing station by placing three medium bowls on a workbench. In the first bowl, mix the flour and a big pinch of salt. To the second bowl, add the eggs and milk, and whisk well to combine. In the third bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs, lemon pepper and dried oregano, and mix to combine. A few at a time, toss the mozzarella sticks in the flour, coat in egg, roll generously in breadcrumbs, and place on the prepared baking tray. Repeat until all of the mozzarella is crumbed. Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place a large saucepan (approximately 20cm diameter) over medium-high heat and add the canola oil. Heat for 3 minutes. To test that the oil is the correct temperature, place one frozen mozzarella stick into the oil. The mozzarella stick should turn golden brown in 1-1.5 minutes, and be beginning to melt on the inside. Place the mozzarella stick onto paper towel to drain. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, continue to fry the mozzarella sticks until they are all cooked. Place on a serving platter with Paul Newman's Own Ranch Dressing, and serve immediately.