Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 2-3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 250g Pork neck, finely sliced
- 10 Small prawns
- 1/2 Medium cabbage, shredded, 1 cm width OR equivalent amount of Chinese cabbage, choy sum or boy choy, sliced into 4cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons Thick soy (sometimes called caramel soy but it is NOT kecap manis or dark soy)
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light soy
- 500g Hokkien Noodles
- 2 cups Chicken stock or water
- Heat oil in a medium sized wok and sauté garlic until slightly golden.
- Combine pork and prawns in wok and stir fry until cooked through and then add cabbage. Stir fry for a further 2 mins.* *If using other Asian greens (which are a more watery vegetable), add at the end while noodles are simmering, so as not to overcook the vegetables. You want them to retain a nice crunch.
- Add caramel soy, oyster sauce, light soy, noodles and chicken stock or water. Simmer until cabbage and noodles are just tender and stock has reduced a little. Serve immediately.