A delicious, easy bread recipe that allows even the busiest person the luxury of fresh bread at home. Separate into smaller batches and impress dinner guests with mini dinner rolls.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 1 loaf )
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 packet dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- Add half a cup of boiling water and 1 1/2 cups of tap water together with 1 teaspoon of the sugar and 1 packet of dried yeast. Stir and allow to froth.
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Mix in yeast and water mix. Combine well with a spoon. Cover with glad wrap and allow to sit for approximately 1 hour (the bread will then rise)
- Lightly spray a large pyrex dish with canola spray. Once the bread mix has had time to rise. Mix with hand and place in pyrex dish, spreading across the bottom. Cover with glad wrap and allow to once again rise.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Once the bread has risen in the pyrex dish it is ready to bake. (For variety, at this time you may choose to sprinkle a garnish on top ie sesame seeds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds). Once dish has been place into the oven lower the temperature to 150 degrees. Bake until golden brown and firm to touch. Approximately half an hour, but depends on oven.
- Once bread has baked, remove from oven and turn out onto a wooden chopping board immediately to prevent the bread sweating. Cover with tea towel and allow to cool slightly.