- Difficulty Easy
This mussels au gratin recipe, or ‘cozze gratinate’, is an easy Italian recipe that also looks exceedingly decadent to boot.
The team at Kitchen Angel are big believers in scrumptious, fancy looking food that takes minimal effort. We are all busy people so we always try to ensure we have ready access to a wealth of recipes that fit our criteria – quick, healthy, yummy and of course appealing to the eye – which is why our delicious mussels au gratin recipe fits the bill.
This delicious, super easy mussels au gratin recipe will make your Friday night feel a little bit more special than usual. Park your husband in front of the footy, grab your girlfriend and a couple of glasses of champers and get a little bit fancy with this Mussels au Gratin recipe.
Ingredients in this Mussels au Gratin recipe
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- ½ cup Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 dozen cleaned mussels
- Salt and pepper
How to make this Mussels au Gratin recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Steam the mussels open in a sauté pan over a medium heat with a cup of boiling water.
- Take off half of the shell and place the mussels on a baking tray.
- In a separate bowl, place the breadcrumbs, sultanas, cheese, oil and tomato and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the half open mussel with the mixture and pat down well.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the crumbs have turned a golden brown colour.
- Enjoy with a glass of wine.
What’s your favourite simple food to cook that makes you feel fancy? Tell us in the comments!