- Serves 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A quick and easy dessert to please a crowd.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 250g Marie Biscuits
- 100g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Desicated Coconut
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Greek Yoghourt
- 2 tbs Cacao
- 500g Frozen Pitted Cherries
- 1 row Shaved Dark Chocolate
- BISCUIT BASE: Use a blender or food processor to break biscuits into a fine crumb. Alternatively you can place them in a plastic bag and break with a rolling pin. Add butter and 1/2 cup of coconut and mix well. Distribute mixture between 8 serving glasses.
- FILLING: Use a mixer with a beater attachment on low-medium speed to soften cream cheese. Add yoghurt, remaining coconut and cacao. Beat on medium-high until well mixed and lumps are removed. Fold in cherries.
- PRESENTATION: Distribute the filling between the 8 glasses and top with shaved dark chocolate to garnish
I used the sugar free Maria biscuits from Aldi, the sweetness of the yoghurt removes the need to add sugar to the filling. This recipe is very adaptable, you could use gluten free biscuits, remove the butter from the crumb, add different fruits, use canned or fresh cherries. By removing the cream and added sugar this is a much healthier dessert option without sacrificing flavour. If you wanted to use this recipe to make a cheesecake or cheesecake slice I would recommend adding approximately three teaspoons of gelatine dissolved in hot water and cooled prior to combining it with the filling.