- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
No Yeast Focaccia is the perfect recipe for those times when you want a lovely hot chunk of bread but you have no yeast!
This recipe for No Yeast Focaccia shared with us by one of our MoM Members is so quick, easy and delicious! We definitely think it’s one you need to memorise.
The wonderful thing about this No Yeast Foccacia recipe is that you can have some fun! Add extra flavours with fresh herbs, spice it up with some chilli flakes or add a mountain of cheese for a real treat.
Is No Yeast Focaccia traditional?
Not really. Tradtional focaccia does contain yeast which makes it more like bread. This No Yeast Focaccia though is a very, very close match. The deliciousness of olive oil, garlic and lots of fresh rosemary makes it an absolute winner.
Tips for No Yeast Focaccia.
- Don’t overwork your dough – unlike a dough that contains yeast, you do not need to knead this dough too much. Treat it gently and it will love you back
- Don’t be afraid of a hot oven – your no yeast focaccia will be super happy covered in lovely olive oil basking in a hot oven
- Go heavy on the seasoning – this no yeast focaccia will happily carry lots of garlic, olive oil, lashing of fresh herbs and salt. Go to town with the seasoning!
Additional ideas for No Yeast Focaccia.
This recipe is fairly straight up but it’s a wonderful base recipe. Think about poking small chunks of semi dried tomatoes into the dimples of the dough. Sprinkle with chilli flakes. Season with Sumac or Sesame Seeds. Or pop small seeded black olives into the dimples of the dough.
You could even go really crazy and take out the savoury components of the recipe and replace with sweetness! Imagine folding choc chips through the dough, drizzling caramel on top or sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar instead of olive oil and salt. Oooooh yes!
What did you think of this No Yeast Focaccia Recipe?
Thanks so much to “Lucky Mum” for sharing her recipe with us. We think we’re the lucky Mums to have this deliciousness in our kitchens.
Once you’ve tried the recipe, we’d love you to post a comment – or LOVE the recipe!
By the way, if you’re after a more traditional focaccia, check out this super fun YouTube video from Jamie Oliver. He’s making focaccia with Gennaro!
Ingredients (makes 1 8" loaf (approx))
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 5-6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Equal parts Milk and Water mixed
- 1 clove Crushed Garlic
- A few sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil and garlic then add the milk/ water to make a dough.
- Knead gently on a floured board.
- Roll into rough round shape and pat onto an ungreased round flat tray. Create the 'dimples' by poking holes all over the dough with your finger.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and rosemary.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in 200 degrees celcius oven. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and season with salt and pepper and a few more fresh herbs to serve.
You could put olives on top if you want to. We had this with soup but it would be great to use as a dipping bread with oil and vinegar or a dip.