The combination of flakey, crispy pastry and oozy Nutella is truly a joy. This adorable Nutella Christmas Tree is an easy, but impressive and super tasty festive dessert.
But there’s no need to save this for after meals – this would also make an incredibly indulgent Christmas breakfast served with berries. Imagine the kids’ faces when you serve this up!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2 rolls puff pastry
- 4 apples
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 20g butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 egg to brush
- 180g Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 180 ° C. Peel and cut apples into small cubes. Keep the apples in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add the apples.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool for 10 minutes. Crush the apples with a spoon, to obtain the consistency of a compote.
- Spread the applesauce on the first roll of puff pastry, leaving a 1 cm edge for soldering.
- Cover with the second puff pastry. Using a knife, cut the dough into a fir tree. Then cut strips of dough on both sides to get the branches. Carefully wrap each slat in order to twist them.
- Gently wrap each slat to twist. Using a pastry brush, brush the whole tree with the beaten egg. Bake the Christmas tree for 25 minutes.
- Using a piping bag, add 15g of Nutella® to each branch.