- Serves 6
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A lovely light and fresh salad that makes a nice change from the usual green salad. Goes beautifully with most meats but especially lamb or chicken.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 cups Baby Rocket and Baby Spinach leaves
- 1/2 bulb Fresh Fennel
- 1 cup Radicchio Lettuce (red lettuce)
- 2 Oranges
- 3 tsp Avocado or Macadamia Oil (but light olive oil fine too)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Pinch Salt and Pepper (season to taste)
- 1 small Red Onion (optional)
- Throw the rocket, spinach and roughly broken up radicchio lettuce into your salad bowl.
- Slice the fennel as finely as possible (you could use a food processor or a mandoline if you have one) and add to salad. If you are adding red onion slice this as finely as possible too and add to salad.
- Remove the skins of the oranges leaving no pith if possible. Then carefully cut out each segment leaving the pith and orange membrane behind. Add to salad.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Then take the leftover orange membrane and squeeze this into the same bowl. Whisk all ingredients together and then toss lightly through the salad.
You can easily get creative with this salad. My suggestions are just a base - you can add whatever you like really.