The Pancetta Pork Loin with Lemon & Chilli Rub is an absolute hit for dinner parties, big group get togethers or even on the bbq. The Pancetta adds another flavour dimension and keeps the pork loin beautifully moist during cooking.
Ingredients (makes 6 pork loins)
- 6 Pork loin slices (3 - 4cm thick)
- 6 Full rashers of pancetta
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 1 Small red chilli, finely chopped (or dried chilli flakes)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black, Red or Green Pepper, ground
- Sprigs Fresh herbs, to garnish
- 2 tbsp Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste
- Combine olive oil, sea salt, pepper, lemon zest and chilli in a mixing bowl.
- Add the pork loin pieces and coat well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan forced).
- Slice the pancetta so that the rasher is the same width as the pork loin all the way through. Wrap the pancetta rasher around the loin and secure with a toothpick.
- Place all pork loins into an ovenproof baking dish and cook until just done (juices will run clear when tested with a skewer). Depending on your oven and the thickness of the loins, this should be 20 - 30 minutes.
- To serve, add a fresh sprinkle of lemon zest, a few tiny pieces of bright red chilli and a few sprigs of sage or rosemary (or both).
This Pancetta Pork Loin with Lemon and Chilli Rub is beautiful served with a creamy garlic mash, a quinoa salad, a crunchy waldorf salad or with a mountain of fresh steamed greens.We used Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in this recipe and couldn't be more excited about the flavour this oil brings to the dish. Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils from organically grown olives. There are three flavour intensities so you can enjoy extra virgin with any dish; Gentile with a mellow, rounded flavour that goes well with white fish and other light flavours, Fruity with a fruity note that works well in dressings, marinades or for bread dipping and Robusto which pairs well with red meat or when roasting or BBQing. Bertolli Organic extra virgin olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. The Bertolli Organic range carry the Australian Certified Organic logo. Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.