- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A delicious light desert
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1/4 cup cup cold water or milk
- 2 1/4 tsp unflavoured gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 mango, diced and pureed
- 3/4 cup raspberries pureed and put through a sieve to remove the seeds
- Place water in a small bowl and sprinkle over gelatin in a single layer. Let stand for ten minutes to soften.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream, sugar and vanilla over a medium heat until it boils and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin, and immediately whisk until smooth and dissolved. If the gelatin hasn’t dissolved properly, return to a low heat, stir constantly until it has – don’t let the mix boil.
- Pour into serving dishes for 2-4 hours or until set
- Pour a layer of either mango or raspberry puree onto each panna cotta and serve
Can be made the day before, and can keep in the fridge for 4 days. I like to make these as individual desserts, but it can be poured into one large bowl instead if you prefer.