- Serves 6
- Makes 6 big bowlfuls
- 8 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
On a cold day, nothing beats a warm meal. Give this slow cooked pea and ham soup a try this winter season!
With plenty of protein and veggies inside it, this pea and ham soup is bound to be one the kids enjoy, as well as being super nutritious!
Got leftovers? Chuck it in a container and refrigerate for later! (hint: heat it up and put it in a thermos, makes an excellent on-the-go meal or lunchbox filler!)
Serve this with your choice of breads, rice, or whatever else you feel might spice up the meal!
Looking for a good base for the soup? Give this chicken stock a try!
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 big bowlfuls )
- 1 Ham hock
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 stick Of celery, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 packet Green split peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small Potatos, peeled and chopped into chunks
- Soak split peas in water overnight per packet directions
- Place ham hock and stock in slow cooker. Turn cooker on. Peel and chop potatoes and add to slow cooker
- Fry off onion, carrot and celery til soft. Add to slow cooker
- Add split peas to pan. Place lid on and cook on low for 8 hours
- Remove ham hock from slow cooker. Blend remaining ingredients til smooth (to your liking) Remove and chop ham from hock, return to soup