- Serves 6
- Makes 15
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
Pepita Seed Munchie Bars are so addictive, healthy and the perfect snack for pumpkin seed lovers!
Pepita seeds are actually a pumpkin seed, but known in North America as a Pepita. The pepita seed is the edible seed of a pumpkin or certain other cultivars of squash. The seeds are typically flat and asymmetrically oval, has a white outer husk, and is light green in color after the husk is removed.
Pepita Seeds are a wonderfully healthy snack on their own but they are even more delicious when whipped up into munchie bars that are perfect for snacks, lunchboxes and even with a cuppa. Everyone, young and old, love these Munchie Bars made with Pepita Seeds – and once you get the hang of them, you can start to mix them up a little with some extra ingredients like nuts or cranberries.
Keep a stock of these Munchie Bars with Pepita Seeds in the pantry – that way you’ll reach for these instead of something naughty.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 15 bites)
- 250g Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Rice malt syrup
Notes... Add a handful of dry fruit or nuts for an extra twist (cranberries, dry apricots, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds - the list is endless!). You may need to add another 1/2tbsp of rice malt syrup if you add additional ingredients.
- Line a small 20x20cm cake tin dish with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius.
- Dry roast the pumpkin seeds (place them on a lined baking tray under the grill for a few minutes until they're golden and have started to puff up. This won't take long!). Don't allow these to cool.
- Place the hot pumpkin seeds into a bowl with the chia seeds and rice malt syrup. Mix to combine.
- Place mixture into lined tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into bite size pieces and store in an airtight container.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.