- Serves 6
- Makes 15
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
Pepita Seed Munchie Bars are so addictive, healthy and the perfect snack for pumpkin seed lovers!
Pepita seeds are actually a pumpkin seed, but known in North America as a Pepita. The pepita seed is the edible seed of a pumpkin or certain other cultivars of squash. The seeds are typically flat and asymmetrically oval, has a white outer husk, and is light green in color after the husk is removed.
Pepita Seeds are a wonderfully healthy snack on their own but they are even more delicious when whipped up into munchie bars that are perfect for snacks, lunchboxes and even with a cuppa. Everyone, young and old, love these Munchie Bars made with Pepita Seeds – and once you get the hang of them, you can start to mix them up a little with some extra ingredients like nuts or cranberries.
Keep a stock of these Munchie Bars with Pepita Seeds in the pantry – that way you’ll reach for these instead of something naughty.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 15 bites)
- 250g Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Rice malt syrup
- Line a small 20x20cm cake tin dish with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160 Degrees Celsius.
- Dry roast the pumpkin seeds (place them on a lined baking tray under the grill for a few minutes until they're golden and have started to puff up. This won't take long!). Don't allow these to cool.
- Place the hot pumpkin seeds into a bowl with the chia seeds and rice malt syrup. Mix to combine.
- Place mixture into lined tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into bite size pieces and store in an airtight container.
Add a handful of dry fruit or nuts for an extra twist (cranberries, dry apricots, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds - the list is endless!). You may need to add another 1/2tbsp of rice malt syrup if you add additional ingredients.