Try this Pork San Choy Bow recipe for dinner tonight, it’s so quick and easy to prepare – the whole family will love it.
This recipe is such a crowd pleaser, it will leave you with empty plates at dinner time. With a tasty filling and a crisp and fresh lettuce shell, san choy bow is simply delicious.
It’s a great mid-week meal because it’s so easy to prepare and share. Place the ingredients in the centre of the table and let the family serve themselves.
Made with pork mince this recipe provides great value for a family meal versus other mince options.
Australian Pork, has great taste and versatility. Add pork mince to your weekly shopping list or visit the Australian Pork site for more winning dinner ideas.
Want to win at mid-week family dinners? Find out how here.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g pork mince
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1/2 cup san choy bow sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 12 - 16 baby cos lettuce leaves, trimmed and chilled
- shredded carrot to serve
- coriander leaves to serve (optional)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 - 3 tsp caster sugar or honey (to taste)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes until tender.
- Add pork. Cook, breaking up the mince, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- If preparing homemade sauce combine all ingredients listed in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Add san choy bow sauce. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Spoon pork mixture into lettuce cups.
- Sprinkle with shredded carrot and coriander (if using) and serve.