This potato bake is really good with a blue cheese. If you’re not partial to blue cheese use a really tasty cheddar instead.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 kilo medium potatoes sliced thickly
- 2 medium onions cut into thick wedges
- 5 rindless bacon slices chopped coarsely
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup light blue cheese crumbled or grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400. Oil ovenproof dish.
- Combine potato, onion and bacon in dish, top with half the thyme.
- Combine cream and stock in medium bowl, season, pour over potato
- Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 hours or until potato is tender. Serve topped with cheese and extra thyme.