Enjoy this delicious slow cooked pulled pork served in rolls with coleslaw. Use Ansell food handling gloves when preparing to avoid a mess.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1.5kg Pork shoulder
- 250ml Cloudy apple juice
- 3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- To serve Coleslaw and soft buns
- Combine the paprika, pepper, chilli, onion, garlic and mustard powders, maple syrup and 1 tsp salt in a bowl to make a spice paste.
- Put the pork into the slow cooker. Wearing your Ansell food handling gloves, rub the pork with the spice paste.
- Pour in the apple juice and vinegar, then cook on low for 8 hours until tender. Remove from slow cooker, ‘pull’ with 2 forks, return to slow cooker for 15 minutes.
- Serve with coleslaw and soft buns.