- Serves 4
- Makes 12 patties
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
If you want your kids to enjoy fish on a regular basis and prep it on the fly in a last minute dinner emergency, then don’t look past this simple recipe.
Not only is it quick but it just needs three core ingredients. These are perfect for parents that have toddlers and children with allergies as they are dairy, egg, nut and gluten free. Plus they're pretty healthy!
My boys will eat these served with homemade chips and steamed vegetables, but they also taste great cold in school lunch boxes.
Once you’ve tried the recipe a few times feel free to add some herbs like dill, chives or parsley, some capers and vegetables like sweet corn and broccoli. These can be made as simple or as gourmet as you like.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 patties )
- 500g firm white fish (haddock, cod or pollock are good options)
- 250g potato (about one large one)
- 4 tablespoons tapioca flour (for a gluten free recipe, otherwise use plain flour)
- Salt and pepper to taste and oil for frying
Notes... Allergy information: dairy, egg, nut and gluten free. Contains fish.
- Pop the fish, potato, flour and seasoning into a food processor to chop and combine all the ingredients. Alternatively finely chop the fish, grate the potato and mix together by hand with the flour and seasoning in a bowl.
- Bring both hands together and shape in 12 flat patties, then leave to chill in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat. In batches of 4, cook the fish cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp, then remove to kitchen paper to drain and serve.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.