- Serves 12
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This recipe is simply so good it will please everyone. It is so good that nobody will even suspect it is vegan.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 420 gram Plain Flour
- 400 gram Caster Sugar
- 90 gram Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 500ml Water
- 190 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 2 Cups Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (For the Coulis)
- 1/2 cup Water (For the Coulis)
- 1/2 + 1/2 cup Raspberries (For the Coulis
- This recipe makes one large cake or 12 mini chocolate cakes Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced) Grease your chosen tin and line with baking paper
- Sift together the dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together wet ingredients Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix with beater
- At the very end fold in the Raspberries Bake for 25-30 minutes for smaller cakes or 45-60 minutes for large cake
- For the Coulis: Place the Sugar, Water and 1/2 cup Raspberries in saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Place in blender and vitamise until smooth Return to saucepan and simmer over low heat until coulis reduces
- Take off heat and add another 1/2 cup of Raspberries Serve with as much coulis as you desire. Cake is beautiful still warm.
This is my 'go to' Chocolate Cake recipe that I have used before. This version was made into more of a dessert with the addition of raspberries and raspberry coulis. My boy child said they were so good that 'his brain exploded in his head'.