- Makes 2
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Sometimes the best dessert is something that is beautifully classic and simple. This Raspberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake is exactly that – easy to make ahead of time, dense and rich so the slices only need to be small to satisfy and stunning served whole on your favourite cake plate!
Ingredients (makes 2 cakes)
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 1.5cups Butter
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 punnets Fresh Raspberries
Notes... This Raspberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake is easy to make ahead of time, dense and rich and stunning served whole on your favourite cake plate!If raspberries aren't in season (or they are not your taste), you can switch them out for any fruit really - blueberries, blackberries or strawberries would be especially perfect but any other fresh fruit arranged on top would work perfectly too.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C then grease and line two 20cm round baking tins.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until very smooth. Then little by little, add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs two at a time, beating well each time you add the eggs. Then add the flour all at once and gently mix in (use your mixer on the lowest speed). Finally mix through the vanilla.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two baking tins and pop into the oven - ideally on the same middle shelf of the oven. If you prefer a slightly more moist cake, place a baking tray filled with water in the very bottom of the oven so that it produces steam throughout the cooking process.
- At around 30 minutes, rotate the tins leaving them on the same shelf. Once you see the centre of the cake start to rise (approx 40 minutes) test 5 - 10 minutes after this with a bamboo skewer or toothpick. As soon as it comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Allow to cool completely (even refrigerate overnight if you don't need the cake right away).
- Combine 50g of room temperature cream cheese with the juice of a half lime, a tablespoon of sifted icing/caster sugar and 4 or 5 fresh raspberries. Cream together to increase the volume and add a little air.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the two cakes and spread evenly. Arrange the raspberries all over the top of the cakes and dust with pure icing sugar.
Other RASPBERRY recipes you might also like: Raspberry Coconut Squares - Yes Please! I'd love the Recipe! Raspberry Macadamia Chocolate Bundt Cake - Yes Please! I'd love the Recipe! Gluten Free Raspberry Cake - Yes Please! I'd love the Recipe! Baked Raspberry Cheesecake - Yes Please! I'd love the Recipe! Raspberry Choc Tiny Tarts - Yes Please! I'd love the Recipe!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.