- Makes 1
- 70 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This recipe was passed on to me by a friend.
Ingredients (makes 1 Square cake pan)
- 2 cups Rice bubbles
- 2 cups Quick cook oats
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Topping (whatever you like - dried fruit, choc chips, sprinkles, smarties, etc)
- In a bowl, combine rice bubbles, oats and coconut.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the honey, sugar, salt and stir to combine. Without stirring, let it come to the boil. Once it starts to boil, time it for 2 minutes. You may need to turn the heat down.
- Add the vanilla to the butter mixture and combine it with the oats. Mix together thoroughly. Add half of your toppings now. If using choc chips wait until the mixture is slightly cooled or they will melt.
- Push the mixture firmly down into a lined baking tin. If the mixture is not firmly pushed the bars will fall apart. Add the remaining topping and push down again.
- Place in the fridge for about 1 hour and then cut.