While this looks sickly sweet, it's surprisingly not! A crunchy, light cake with a difference, that kids and adults alike will enjoy.
Ingredients (makes 1 large cake)
- 600g Rice bubbles - place into 3 seperate bowls of 200g each
- 4 1/2 TBS Unsalted butter- Separated into 3x 1 1/2 TBS lots
- 450g Marshmallows- Weighed and seperated into 3x 150g lots
- Food colouring
- Decorations of your choice
- Place 1 1/2 TBS butter into a saucepan and melt over low heat
- When melted, add in 150g marshmallows and stir continually for approximately 3 - 5 minutes or until they are melted and smooth
- Add in food colour of your choice, and stir to combine.
- Working really quickly, pour the melted marshmallows into 200g rice bubbles and use a wooden spoon to stir to completely coat. You may need to switch to using your hands towards the end as it gets really hard to stir as the marshmallow starts to set.
- Tip into a lightly greased large springform tin and press down firmly to create the first layer.
- Repeat all the steps for the other two layers
- Remove from the tin and decorate how you wish!
store in an airtight container