- Makes 24
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
These Rich Tomato Amazeballs Meatballs are such a yummy way to cook your meatballs and pack in the veges!
We made this recipe on MoM Cook Club LIVE! You can watch it here … (laugh as Nikki starts crying over cut onions LOL) …
Ingredients (makes 24 meatballs)
- 1 can Tomatoes or any Pasta Sauce Base
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups Stock (Beef, Chicken or Vegetable)
- 3 Small Tomatoes, roughly chopped or whole
- 600g Beef Mince (but veal or chicken mince would be delicious too)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Small Carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Herbs
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 4 Small Radishes (optional), finely chopped
- In a large frypan or wide saucepan, combine the pasta sauce/tomatoes, lemon juice, pesto and chopped tomatoes and set to a medium temp to bring to a slow boil.
- While the tomato sauce base is coming to temperature, combine all other ingredients (reserving 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese) and stir well.
- Transfer your bowl of meatball mix to beside your frypan and then as you form the meatballs, gently drop them straight into the tomato sauce mix.
- Continue until all the meatballs are happily sitting in the sauce. Allow to come to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Allow these meatballs to simmer for up to an hour. Ensure the meatballs don't actually stick to the bottom of your pan by gently moving your meatballs around during cooking. The sauce will reduce too during simmering so that by the time you serve, your sauce will be nicely thick and rich.
- Serve with any type of pasta or rice and top with some extra fresh herbs and a little sprinkle of parmesan. ENJOY!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.