- Makes 2
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Our take on this classic soup is healthy, easy and delicious. The perfect Autumn dinner!
Ingredients (makes 2 Big bowls or 4 small)
- 2 cups Veggie Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Chopped Carrot
- 1 cup Chopped Sweet Potato
- 1 Brown onion - finely chopped
- 1 Orange (juice of)
- Thumb Fresh Ginger - grated
- 1 Cup Coriander - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2-4 Slices Pitta Bread
- In a big saucepan sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent then add ginger and fry for another minute.
- Pour in stock and water and bring to a boil, add carrots and sweet potatoes and simmer until soft.
- Add orange juice and approx half the coriander and let simmer for another few mins before taking off the heat and allowing to cool.
- While the soup is cooling you can make the pitta bread. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over each piece and use your fingers to spread it evenly (the kids will love helping with this bit!) Top with salt, pepper and a little of the reserved coriander and cook on 125ºc for 5-10 mins or until slightly golden and crispy.
- Once the soup has stopped steaming, blitz in the blender until smooth then transfer back to the pot to heat up before serving.
- Add salt and pepper to taste then serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt (or cream) and garnish with the remaining coriander.
Of course crusty bread would also be lovely with this soup!