- Serves 3
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A quick bfast recipe and loved by many. I usually refrigerate sago and keep it ready for whenever I want to use it.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 cup Sago
- 1 Potato (diced in small squares)
- Handful Peanuts
- Pinch Turmeric, red chilli powder
- To taste Salt
- 2 teaspoons Oil to cook
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- Soak the sago in water for 1 hour.
- Drain the water and keep it in a colander for 2 hours.
- Keep it in the fridge for 3 hours or more. I prefer doing it overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry peanuts and potatoes separately and take them out of the pan when done. Add cumin seeds to the oil if you have them (optional to add cumin)
- Add the spices together. And give a quick 2 seconds mix. Simmer the gas. Add sago slowly and keep mixing continuously. If you don't mix continuously, the sago will start sticking to each other. However, this sticking of sago will not ruin your dish
- Add peanuts and potatoes and mix together. Mix till the sago becomes translucent in colour.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot.