- Serves 3
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Salmon is rich in healthy fats that are important for your bub’s brain development.
This recipe is suitable for babies aged 7 months +.
For more great recipes, head over to the Rafferty’s Garden website.
Ingredients (serves 3)
- olive oil
- 95g tin pink salmon or tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 leek, finely diced
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 3 leaves basil, chopped (optional)
- 1 pouch of Rafferty’s Garden pumpkin + apple + sweetcorn (+ nothing else)
- 1 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g risoni pasta, cooked
- Score the bottom of two ripe tomatoes, drop them in boiling water for 1 minute and then refresh in cold water. Carefully peel the skin off the tomatoes and dice into small cubes. You may use tinned tomatoes if preferred.
- Heat olive oil in sauce and lightly sauté leek and garlic add diced tomatoes and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Add tin of salmon and stir keeping the heat on low. Add pouch of Rafferty’s Garden pumpkin + apple + sweet corn (+ nothing else) plus the cheese and basil. Mash or blend to the best consistency for your baby.
- Serve with cooked pasta
For babies aged 9 months +, choose pasta spirals, bow ties fettuccine cut into 1cm lengths curly fettuccine. They all make wonderful finger food and are perfect for this age group. This recipe can also be used with Rafferty’s Garden spinach + apple + broccoli + pea. Salmon sauce can be frozen in ice cube trays or ½ cup containers. Label and date and keep frozen for up to three months. Cook pasta fresh to serve.