These salmon patties are so easy, yummy and you can alter the taste by changing the herbs. Sometimes I add vindaloo curry paste and don’t add the other herbs and spices.
Ingredients (makes 10 patties)
- 5 potatoes, peeled (or not), cut into cubes and boiled, then mash with a little butter
- 1 big tin of pink or red salmon, with or without skin and bones
- To taste tumeric, garlic, capers, cumin, corriander
- 3 anchovies chopped
- plain flour, egg and water, crumbs (mine are homemade from freezer) for crumbing
- Boil potatoes, mash with a little butter and add drained salmon.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix until combined.
- Form into patties in your hands.
- Coat in flour, dip in egg (I put mine with some water to make a wash), coat with crumbs.
- Place on a tray or plate in the fridge for 30 mins or longer if you like.
- Shallow fry or bake in the oven. Serve with cous cous salad and natural yoghurt.