Such a simple dish, but the flavours of this pasta are amazing. To make this Sausage Mince Pasta even tastier, make the sauce the night before, and the flavors intensify even more.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 Good quality, thick sausages
- 1 Large Onion, diced finely
- 6 large Very ripe tomatoes, diced into small chunks
- 2 Small cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Beef stock
- 500g Pasta of your choice
- Italian herbs
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt & pepper
- Red wine (to taste)
- Olive oil
- Cook the onion and garlic over a low heat in some olive oil for approximately 5 minutes or until onion is softened and translucent.
- Make a split along each sausage, and remove the meat (discard the casing) Add the mince in with the onion and garlic, and cook for a few minutes – stirring often until the mince is cooked through.
- Add in the tomatoes, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, stock, sugar and salt & pepper and give it a good stir.
- Allow sauce to simmer gently for 30-40 minutes until thickened and the tomatoes have broken down
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet directions in some salted water. When al dente, drain, plate it up and top with sauce. Serve immediately
You can use any good quality sausage you like. Beef, Pork, with herbs or chilli, it doesn't matter. It just means it will taste slightly different every time you make it! The possibilities are endless. Play around and find your family's favourite combination!