Hubby takes these sausage rolls for play lunch everyday to work. Good for party food too!
Ingredients (makes 72 sausage rolls)
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 onion chopped
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups barbeque sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon (heaped) mustard powder
- 9 sheets puff pastry
- Small amount milk to baste
- 1.7kg sausages
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Remove casing off sausages, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Spoon mixture into piping bag (if you have one).
- Cut puff pastry sheets in half and pipe mixture in the middle.
- Roll puff pastry and place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Baste rolls before putting into oven.
- Cook 200 degrees (fan forced) for about 35 minutes.