- Serves 10
- Makes 50
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These sausage rolls are super yummy and filled with vegies, these always go down well. Serves as many as you need them to really! Everyone asks for the recipe!
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 50 sausage rolls)
- 6 sheets puff pastry (or 8 sheets if you add more veg/breadcrumbs)
- 2 tubes of COLES sausage mince (others are not quite as fine)
- 1 brown onion
- 2 medium to smaller zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 3-4 slices old bread, crumbed (I use wholemeal, and freeze any additional)
- to taste oregano, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, garlic - or whatever tastes you like
- 1 egg (beaten with a little water to glaze and glue pastry)
- Heat oven to 170 fan forced or 180 normal. Line two baking sheets with non stick paper (I think they are better without the paper if you have good trays that don’t stick).
- Firstly, crumb the bread in the food processor, add to large mixing bowl, then blitz the onion, zucchini and carrot, add to large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix through with your hand – If the mix feels too wet, add more bread. Should be fairly thick and easy to mould.
- Lay out the six to eight sheets of pastry on work bench and cut in half horizontally. Separate the halves slightly.
- On the edge of the pastry furtherest away from you, lay a line of the sausage mix. I do all sheets, then go back and glaze the nearest edge with the egg mix and roll them up, ending with the seal on the bottom of the roll.
- Note: if you want to freeze them, stop here and wrap the sausage roll lengths in gladwrap and freeze. Don’t forget to glaze when you defrost to cook. They cut better when still half frozen.
- To cook now, cut the sausage rolls into the required sizes, and place on the trays. Leave a little room between each row and sausage roll portion, as they can go soggy if too close (on the bottom). Glaze with egg wash, and cook for approx 40 minutes or until nice and brown.
Recipe Sausage rolls
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.