I make this for my kids once a month. They love getting to choose their own toppings. The pizza dough recipe adapted from Lynne Curry.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Pizza Dough:
- 2C Plain flour
- 3/4t Yeast
- 3/4t Salt
- 1/2t Olive oil (or vegetable)
- 1C Water, lukewarm
- 1/2C Preferred pizza sauce or passata
- 1C Mozzarella, grated
- Meats - pepperoni, ground beef (browned), shredded chicken, shredded ham, your choice
- Vegetables - capsicum, onion, tomato, broccoli, your choice
- Combine pizza dough ingredients to form a rough dough. Use a stand mixer with dough hook to knead for 5 to 10 minutes. Dough should be elastic and a little tacky.
- Put a small amount of out in a rectangle container and spread it around the sides, bottom and corners. Place dough and turn it co coat with oil. Cover or attach lid and set aside to double in size. Around 1 hr.
- Open or remove lid. Pick up one end and shake gently, folding to the middle and repeat on the other end, and both sides. Turn so folded sides are on the bottom. Rest 30 mins. Repeat.
- Oil a sheet pan and spread oil around with your hands. Place dough on and gently stretch by pushing with your fingers (like making focaccia). Once it stops stretching, rest for 10 minutes. Repeat until dough covers pan.
- Layer toppings (I do cheese, sauce, meat, veg and another layer of cheese) and bake at 230C (210C fan forced) for 15 to 20 minutes. You can heat a pizza steel beforehand and cook on that, or cook over a BBQ if you prefer.
- Slice and enjoy.