- Makes 16
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These Short Crust Pastry Stacks are a super quick way to put together an impressive little dessert … or a fun way to let the kids have a bit of fun in the kitchen. No cooking other than the pastry and that’s only a few minutes in the oven too thanks to Pampas ready made Short Crust Pastry.
Ingredients (makes 16 Sweet Short Stacks)
- 2 sheets Pampas Short Crust Pastry
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 can Nestle Caramel Top n Fill (or homemade caramel)
- 150mL Fresh, full cream cream chilled
- 1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 2 tsps Mixed Spice (or Cinnamon)
- 2 tsps Icing Sugar/Icing Mixture
- 2 tsps Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius (fan forced oven) or 180 degrees celcius (non fan forced).
- Slice both sheets into small squares or rectangles and spread onto a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray.
- Sprinkle icing sugar and mixed spice over the squares of short crust pastry and place into the oven. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
- While the pastry squares are cooking, whip the chilled fresh cream until stick peaks form and slice the strawberries and bananas.
- Once the pastry is well cooled, make your Sweet Short Stacks whichever way you'd like to. The key is to layer the ingredients between the pastry squares to create the illusion of a stack.
- My kids love the BANOFFEE inspired short stacks best - pastry/caramel/banana/cream/pastry/caramel/banana and cream topped with toasted coconut. Hubby prefers a combination of strawberry jam, fresh slices strawberries and fresh cream.
If you don't have short crust pastry in the freezer, you can always use puff pastry. Have as much fun as you like with the toppings - get creative!