Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken is always a favourite! Delicious flavours of apricot, onion and french onion soup all cooked slowly so the chicken absorbs all the flavour.
Whether it’s an easy mid week dinner, a massive double batch of Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken for a get together or just a meal to have ‘in the fridge for hungry teens’ … this recipe is a winner!
Chicken Drumsticks are always nice and cheap too so you can go large on your servings. Bulk out your Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken with a variety of sides – white rice, brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat or a lovely big dollop of mashed potato.
Don’t put your Slow Cooker away just because it’s not Winter either; these Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Drumsticks are just as good with a lovely big salad.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 kg Chicken Drumsticks
- 400ml can Apricot Nectar
- 1 Packet French Onion soup
- 1 can Apricot halves
- Tablespoon Plain Flour
- 1 brown onion sliced
- Roll drumsticks in the plain flour
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker (including the juice of the apricot halves) to the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. The Chicken should be falling off the bone
- Serve on Jasmine Rice or noodles