- Makes 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
When I have leftover sour cream, I make a small batch of scones for my lunch or afternoon tea based on this recipes.The picture is added muesli, it’s also good for kid’s lunchbox! It’s simple scone recipes using sour cream and no sugar.
Ingredients (makes 10 scones)
- 300g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 300ml sour cream
- 50ml milk
- 60g muesli
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 230C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add sour cream and milk. (add muesli and cinnamon powder)
- Use a knife to "cut" the sour cream and milk through the flour mixture, mixing to a soft sticky dough. (add extra milk if the dough doesn't combine well)
- Knead dough on a floured surface. Roll out the dough and fold, repeat 5 times.
- Roll out the dough into a 2cm thickness. Cut out the dough using sharp knife or round cutter.
- Place on the tray and blush top s with a little extra milk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just browned. Serve warm.
Serve warm with whipped cream and jam.