It’s always great to have a recipe that gives you an excuse to sneak in extra vegetables. Which is why I love this Spaghetti Bolognese with Extra Veg Recipe. It’s an easy midweek meal and also perfect to double batch and freeze or add into little pies or pastry parcels.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 2 Stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Minced garlic
- 250g Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, grated
- 500g Lean beef mince
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 800g Tinned diced tomatoes
- Pasta, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over med/high heat.
- Cook the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mince to the pan and brown for around 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Simmer.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain pasta and serve into bowls. Top with meat mixture.
*I use about 300g of pasta. My toddler loves getting to choose which pasta we use. *Serve sprinkled with parmesan.