- Serves 6
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Simple, full of flavour, great for entertaining.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 spicy chorizo sausage, diced
- 400g butter beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 pkt mini corn tortillas
- 1 tsp sumac powder
- 1 whole fresh lime, cut into quarters
- 500ml chicken stock
- 4 chicken maryland fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
Notes... You could use a whole chicken instead of the maryland pieces, just cut to size before roasting.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees (non-fan forced), 180 degrees (fan forced).
- Rinse & pat dry the chicken. Rub the skin in olive oil then coat with the sumac powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour the butter beans, diced chorizo and stock into the bottom of a casserole dish. Place the chicken on top (skin side up) and cook in a pre-heated oven for 45mins (or until the chicken skin looks crisp and dark brown). Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the chicken is cooling, toast the mini tortillas under the grill until crunchy and light brown (approx 4 mins each side).
- Using a sharp knife or mallet, cut the chicken pieces in half and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and the fresh lime.
- Serve the bean/chorizo 'soup', topped with the chicken and a side of toasted tortillas in individual bowls, or scatter on a share plate for Spanish style tapas dining. Optional: garnish with fresh parsley immediately before serving.
Recipe Spanish chicken
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.