- Serves 8
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
This is one of my all time favourite cakes. I absolutely love making this for my family. It’s a delicious and indulgent cake with some bold flavours.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) Plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cardamom and Nutmeg
- 1 cup (140g) Unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 180g Flora Salt Reduced
- 1 cup (220g) Caster sugar
- 2 tsp Finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup (280g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Honey
- 150g Flora Salt Reduced - icing
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) Ricotta
- Honey, extra, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan and line the base and sides with baking paper. Combine the flour, baking powder, cardamom, nutmeg and three-quarters of the pistachio in a bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the Flora Salt Reduced, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and gently stir to combine. Fold in the yogurt until just combined. Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake for 35-40 mins or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the honey and extra Flora Salt Reduced in a clean bowl until smooth. Fold in the ricotta.
- Place the cake on a serving platter. Carefully cut the cake into two halves. Spread one half of the cake with half the ricotta mixture. Top with the remaining cake and spread with the remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and remaining pistachio. Drizzle with extra honey to serve.
This recipe can easily serve 8-10 people. It's a rich and indulgent cake that'll have you savouring each bite.