- Makes 1
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Great as a side dish or added to tacos or wraps … this Spicy Charred Corn Recipe will get your taste buds going!
Ingredients (makes 1 Large corn salad)
- 3 large Corn on the cob, husks on
- 3 TBS Hot chilli sauce
- Juice from one lime
- 1 TBS Coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- Chilli powder (optional)
- Lime wedges (to serve)
- Chives, chopped (to serve)
- Wet the corn thoroughly by submerging in water. Then place directly on to the oven rack of a pre heated 180 degree oven for 25 minutes
- Remove corn and allow to cool slightly until cool enough to handle. Remove the silks from the corn and throw away.
- Heat a chargrill pan to high heat and grill the corn for approximately 25 minutes, turning occasionally until the corn is evenly charred
- When cool enough slice the kernels from the cobs into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the chilli sauce, lime juice, coriander and salt & pepper
- Pour the chilli mix over the corn kernels and stir to evenly coat the corn
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle with chilli powder
Spicy Charred Corn also tastes great cold the next day! Add it to a salad or make a cold salsa of the corn with diced tomato, cucumber and a little red onion.